Friday, December 07, 2007

December in Marlborough

I've been back a couple of weeks already from my visit to Canada. It was great to see family, and the 3 days I spent in Regina weren't long- but it was good to get to catch up with a few people. For those of you I saw, it was really good, and for those it didn't work out, I was thinking of you just the same.

The flight back was surprisingly good. The biggest excitement was getting selected in Edmonton for a random search. I was hoping to be able to catch a bit of the Riders game in the Vancouver airport. The international terminal is quite nice with several big TVs- but they were all showing NFL football. Not the Grey Cup. I could sneak one place where I could see through the glass into the US departures food court to see the big tv, but I pretty much missed the game. I am however pleased to hear the results... Go RIDERS. :) The flight back on the 777 from Vancouver was great. I again had no one in the middle seat, and a really interesting doctor was sitting on the aisle. We had a good chat. Plus I managed to sleep in excess of 6 hours, which is GREAT for me on the plane, although somehow I still feel sleepy. This is because I keep waking up at 5/ 6/ 630 before I actually get up. I'm sure one day I'll adjust to the small 19 hour time difference.

I'm back but must run. Heading out to the Sounds for the weekend. I'll try and post again on NZ life again, soon.

No comments: