Sunday, January 09, 2011

Happy New Year!

It has been a while. I shall endeavor to post more regular updates in 2011.

When I last posted I talking about just starting to get started on a more healthy lifestyle. I started trying to jog about 3 times per week, and do pilates, horseback riding or walking most other days. I can notice a definite improvement in my ability to walk uphill. I'm not sure if the jogs are getting any easier. I did go out for 90 minutes on NYs Eve and that was a challenge. I involved hills, and it was a lot warmer than normal since I usually go out at 6am and that was in the evening. That is my longest run this season to date.

I've also started riding Oscar, my horse, regularly. After buying him at auction in late November I did a few lessons before I managed to track down gear including a used Charlie Leach Western saddle (1979 vintage). My first ride out he was pretty difficult. We passed some horses with riders going the other way and it was a REAL mission to keep him moving forward. He spent many years as a trek horse so its a challenge to make the transition. Since then it has seemed a bit easier each time, although we still struggle when I'm out with others and trying to do something different. It is great to be back in the horsey sphere- anyway.

My cats continue to keep me occupied. Allie & Jasper have decided they like getting up at about 3am! Hopefully this will change sometime quite soon!

No comments: