Thursday, May 25, 2006

Edmonton's journey

I've been taking a little heat about my lack of posting on the OILERS despite their recent victories. Friends, allow me to point out that I've been talking about the OILERS for as long as I have known you.

There comes a time when they speak for themselves- when the lessons they've learned through the years speak for themselves. There comes a time when they are ready to win the Stanley Cup, and no commentary from the fans is required. That time is now.

Last night when the Oil went on their scoring spree it initially appeared Anaheim had collapsed - as they were taking stupid penalties and getting scored on. I commented that they weren't ready to win the Cup- they didn't deserve it. They later battle back, and although I am an Oilers fan, credit is due to them. They showed more character than I thought they had. Edmonton may have panicked, but they held on for the win. They showed more than a little finish, as Craig MacTavish had put it back in round 1. This team is ready to win.

When my brother and I watched them in Edmonton - game 4 against Detroit, although they lost, I knew if they continued to play the way they did, they would win the series. They did.
I am proud of the team. They barely squeezed into the playoffs- but they are playing like they should be there. Let's go OILERS.

No comments: