Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Cup finals- game 1

The Oil came out strong, but give the Canes credit. They are a very likeable team to watch and showed a lot of resiliency coming back from being down by 3 goals to take the lead. (They do have Oil blood- such as Doug Weight and Whitney. I'm sure that helps!) I was also impressed by the Oiler efforts late in the 3rd. Give credit to the Canes goalie- he stole the game with several pretty good saves.

My favourite OILER played fairly well tonight. Mr. Moreau. Mr. Try. Who else is on my OIL favourites list, you might ask? Well, obviously Captain Canada- Mr. Smyth, as well as Mr. Torres- and yes, although he can be frustrating- Mr. Hemsky. He did score a pretty one tonight.

I feel terrible for Bergeron. He not only knocked the Cane player into Mr. Roloson, but also didn't get back in the play early enough on the 4th Cane goal. I also feel bad for Mr. Conklin. I hope they move forward and learn from those experiences.

Mac T said after the game that Rolly is out for the series. He was a huge part of getting the OIL through the first 3. But the OIL are a team, and they will have to be more than ever before to be successful this round. With adversity comes both challenge and opportunity. Win or lose, if they play like a team, I will continue to be so proud of my OILER boys, win or lose. Don't count them out. I hope they will show that when things are tough, they will not quit.

Go OILERS GO!

No comments: