Monday, April 16, 2007

Another update...




So again I've been a little late and lazy on my postings...

Easter long weekend is especially long in NZ as both Good Friday and Easter Monday are stats. There was a lot of press and discussion, as most stores are specifically forbidden from opening on certain of the holiday days and this causes some controversy. I certainly don't have the rules straight. Everything was pretty much closed Friday, and all the grocery stores etc. as well on Sunday. Certain areas can get exemptions- if they are for example touristy. Certain of the days are also "no advertising" days, which means no ads on radio or TV... The news is a full hour long, and you see a lot more shows in your day... Interesting concept anyway.

Some friends from Nelson came in for part of the weekend and on in Blenheim was the airshow (which I didn't go to, although the planes flew over our house anyway, and I saw them from that perspective). We went on a little walk on the Monday to the Sawtooth gorge, I'll post a few photos from that hike. Note tiny Rita & Karl standing at the bottom of the gorge mouth.

And I'll post another one from the sounds, where I again spent this past weekend.

Not a lot else new to update you all on. It's getting to be winter here, which doesn't excite me a lot. :) My running has tapered off as I find it difficult to get up and head out in the dark. It may be time for a gym membership for the winter months... We'll see.

No comments: