Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Unprolific blogging...

Okay- so I've been really really bad at posting...

First a wee update on the immigration tales...

I finally made it in to get my immigration medical form completed complete with urine test, blood test, and other standard tests. My birth certificate came impressively quickly from Saskatchewan (under 3 weeks!!!) and I have the proper one with both parents names... I continue to wait for my criminal check. They have not replied to my last 2 queries. All I know is that when I first inquired it was going to take about 4 months. It has been about 3. As such i didn't have time to get my residency application in before my visa expired. I have since put in an application for a general work visa/ permit. They sent me a text telling me they will get back to me within 60 days. Here is hoping. I'm in no great mood to leave the country...

I spent last weekend in Nelson... visiting the lovely Rabbit Island for the first time, as well as the market and going for a great walk to Tahuna beach with the girlfriends. I miss that walk so much... It was my running route- and I find it much harder to get motivated to run in landlocked Blenheim....


I'm into the watercolours now. I paid $50 for a special paintbrush, so I'm hoping I get into it hard core... :)

Ooh- this is a call for fun costume ideas for a team of 4. We're entering www.treasurehunt.co.nz - the Marlborough Treasure Hunt. Our team is kican (kiwi-canadian) ...Help with any sort of exciting costume ideas would be much appreciated.

Until next time...

No comments: