Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Another update...

It was a stat holiday yesterday- the last for 99 days- or so I am told. It was "Queens Birthday". It was great to have a 3 day weekend.

I went in the Great Marlborough treasure hunt on the weekend. It was a one day amazing race like competition. There was an international theme and our team of 4 travelled out to Seddon, the Waiaru valley, and Picton as we made it to the 9 locations- by following a series of clues. Cool activies included doing a Samoan happy dance, and separating lavender into little bags. Our team was dressed up to represent the points of the Globe. I was a Canadian mountie from the north- stay tuned for photos... Our mascot was a travelling gnome. We didn't win any of the prizes- which were amazingly large for a town of Blenheims size... thanks to the generous sponsorship of Harvey Norman. Good times ! I would definitely do that again!!

update on the immigration files- they are awaiting my criminal check- they want it by the 25th of June. I sent it out 4 months ago this week. It takes a long time, clearly!!

We're heading into winter. But so far only one light frost. I think I heard it was the warmest May on record.

I recently was pleased to aquire a tire pressure guage- only to later learn that all the gas (er I mean petrol) stations have them on the air hoses. Convenient... this explains why they were so hard to find! :)

Differences in vocabulary continue to creep up... Read "full stop" for period. And that's that for this episode....

I rush off to art class now.

No comments: