Monday, March 31, 2008

Moving on...

Announcing- changes in my locale... I’ve accepted a term maternity leave cover position in Nelson, starting in just over a month!

When I moved to Blenheim I thought it was going to be my new home, like Nelson had been, however in my one year here it never came to feel that way. There are things I do like about Blenheim- it is sunny most of the time, rivalling Nelson for the most sunshine hours. There is the yummy kebab shop- Akbabas. There is the fact that traffic is not crazy most of the time- unless you’re waiting at one of the roundabouts after work. There is also the close proximity to Picton, and the sounds. I’ve appreciated my opportunity to live and work here, but I’m very eager to make the move back over the hill to Nelson- and rediscover it again. I’ve lived here longer than I lived there- and I wonder what it will be like when I return. I have a sneaking suspicion it will have changed more than Blenheim has in the past year.

I’ve been busy working on my correspondence law. I’ve submitted the first assignment, and there is one more to go before the exam in June.

I was hoping to do a camping trip in the South Island, but the coming change in work means I won’t be able to take time off. We did visit Whites Bay near Rarangi on the weekend. It has a cool looking hole in the rock and I’d be keen to visit again when the tide was lower. The surf and save club was out when we were there, practising their manoeuvres.

The NZ housing market appears to have slowed, which is good. There was a big news article a week or two ago saying that people would need to save a minimum of about $120K for a house deposit on even the most basic house, for a house purchase to be affordable. Milk, and dairy related products seem to be up. I just paid $1.779 / L of petrol today.

No comments: