Monday, March 17, 2008

My march so far...

I thought the change of seasons had happened, but it's been really warm for the past couple of days. On the weekend a few friends and I attended the Havelock Mussel festival, where I did not eat any mussels. I did however manage to find a cheeseburger that tasted yum- like a good Canadian fair cheeseburger. Last time I tried that here at a festival I got a 2 pieces of bread with no sauce, and a thin burned burger. This one was good! :) We watched the mussel opening- those guys are fast, and the team event, and listened to the bands. It was a beautiful day to be outside, although the nasty sandflies managed to connect with my ankles. In som ways, they are worse than mosquitos.

Time changes here on 6 April, so its still a while. Its quite dark in the mornings.

I haven't progressed at all in the half training, having taken since my oral surgery off. Now I am finding it hard to be motivated, to go for a run in the am in the dark. Not sure how to change this, unless I get a gym membership. Maybe I'm only a fair weather runner.

I was up in Wellington last weekend for the weekend and took a "white knuckle" flight on Sounds Air. Its a tiny plane, it must fit about 12 passengers. We sat right behind the pilot- a quite young-ish looking fellow, which made me a tad nervous! Anyhow, the views of the sounds and the Straight as we flew over were beautiful- and it was a smooth ride save the normal bumps landing in windy Welly. The way back was on the Ferry- my first trip back across the straight on the water. Also a lovely day weather wise, (other than the wind) so it was nice to sit outside.

The fresh produce is out right now so its a great time to cook with veggies which are in season and cheap. Hurray! :) No paying heaps right now for my favourite peppers and tomatoes.

I tried out my inherited slow cooker a couple of weeks ago. It made a nice lasagna, although I must admit I got terribly tired of eating it before it was all gone. Living where I do means I don't have an oven, and so its nice to be able to get some nice warm oven-y type food.

My first assignment for law is due soon. Perhaps I'll work on it over the weekend, as I don't have anything exciting teed up for the easter holiday.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I stumbled across your blog while searching on Blenheim and couldn't help but want to drop you a line! This may make me sound like a bit of an internet "stalker" but it sounds like we might have a bit in common... for starters, we both live in Blenheim, yet we are both Canadian!! How did you end up here?
(heather.edwards @ mgc.school.nz)

Anonymous said...

lol... ok... so this second post may really make me look like a scary internet stalker, but i can't help but laugh while reading your blog. omg do we ever live the same life! check out my blog to catch the similarities!
sounds like you are in need of a running partner... if you feel like meeting up for a run give me a shout! (i also train for half-marathons and am also severely lacking any motivation on my own)