Sunday, September 21, 2008

A day of touring...

Today- I learned that it was the day of a Marathon and it made me get a half marathon itch... Thank goodness it wasn't yesterday in the 33 degree heat. I took the underground to Circular Quay bright and early this am, and then wandered through the markets in the Rocks. Oh yes, the Rocks- I've fallen in love. I signed up for a tour later in the day, and the off I went to catch the Ferry to Manley. It had great views back to Syndey town and I was totally impressed by how much coastline syndey has- and how big it is!! I had a brief stop on the pretty beach there, and bought some $20 jandals to replace my hikers that were causing my big blisters... (OF course, by the end of the day I'd gotten new blisters in new places, but it was a start.) After returning from Manley I found a bite to eat and then wandered back to my 1 1/2 hour walking tour of the Rocks. This is my highlight of Sydney- even bigger than the opera, shockingly... I loved the old streets, and the old buildings, and the elderly lady's cool porch in an old building. I have since returned to my hotel for a shower, and wandered Darling Harbour- even finding - YAY the yummy british pear candies.... Tomorrow its work instead of exploring... Perhaps this is good, I'm not sure my blistered feet could survive another back to back day of touring. But its been fun!

No comments: