Thursday, May 14, 2009

Another week

Well, its nearly the weekend again and it can't come around quickly enough for me. I forgot how I get a lot more tired if I work 2 weeks running straight on together without a weekend in between. Work has been really busy. In terms of my work update, I still don't know if I have ongoing employment, or not. Hopefully I will find out soon.

I've now got a new flattie. Welcome home Erica.

I can't believe how much warmer this apartment is than the places I spent my last 2 kiwi winters. I feel once again that life again doesn't have to center around winter and trying to stay warm. In cold Canada I took for granted how nice it was to be warm inside and only had to deal with bouts of cold when walking outdoors. Oh the joy and wonder of insulation, double glazing, and even central heating (which I haven't had to turn on yet).

The prices of veggies are back up and the seasonal veggies are out in full force. Pitty I don't really enjoy pumpkin and kumara and still want to spent the $3 it costs to purchase a red pepper. I'll check out the market on the weekend if the weather is nice, maybe. Hopefully it would be avaliable and cheaper there.

I was looking at the calender the other day. After the 1 June long weekend, NZ takes a break from holidays for another 4 or 5 months. That is one long winter without a break!!

I've done a bit of revamping to the appearance of my site. I thought it was high time for a change...

1 comment:

Heather said...

WHAT?! You have central heating? And you haven't even had to turn it on??!! I'm so jealous!