Monday, May 18, 2009

Cleaning the closet...

Okay, so I've been wearing the same pair of every day work shoes that I brought from Canada 3 years ago, alternating with a cheap $70 pair that I bought about a year ago. Neither is in stellar condition. I've been looking for ages... I've got heaps of cheap Number 1 shoes that don't last or aren't comfy, but I've been loath to shell out the $170-$230 most pairs of work shoes seem to cost here. Before I bought the $70 pair I spent a whole weekend in Auckland shoe shopping. I've had my eye on a number of pairs in the past year or two. Without fail, when I finally tried the shoes on, they either didn't fit (typically too wide), or didn't have my size. I had spotted a pair of shoes I really liked several weeks ago when browsing the shops. I finally tried them on this weekend and they FIT!! Wow. New shoes. Yay.

I also went through the closet trying to purge some of those things I never wear. I have a tendency to keep them because I just "might" wear them again one day- even though I haven't worn them for the past year or more. I managed to purge a few items to the red Salvation Army bin. Still a few more to go through- if ever I get the gumption to get rid of a few more. :)

I love the library... I was browsing mags and wanted to purchase North & South, and Wild Tomato. Instead I went to the library on the weekend and read both articles that had caught my attention. According to North & South, you are more likely to die of cold in New Zealand than in Canada or Siberia. I'm not overly surprised about that after experiencing the high costs of heating and the BRRR cold kiwi uninsulated homes. But I was really surprised to read about how terrible for your health unglued LPG gas is. That is what we used last year. I wonder if this contributed to me developing hay fever last year. I still have it.

2 comments:

Heather said...

What is "unglued" LPG?

Two Roads said...

Oops, I meant "unflued"