Thursday, March 11, 2010

On the move...

Okay, so pretty much ever since I moved into my current flat, I've been looking for a new flat. Strangely my couple of minute walk through didn't help me predict how terribly prone to temperature fluctuations my current house would be. If the temperature is in the mid 20s outside, its quite common for me to get home after work and it to be 27 inside. Then it cools right off overnight. This is what happens with lots of windows and no insulation.

I went to see a house closer to town a week or two back. After going through the process, I'm going to be moving April 1st. Its only a short term accomodation- but should get me through the winter, and at least it has new underfloor and ceiling insulation. Plus a bigger yard...

My kittens are driving me slightly crazy when I take them outside. They go darting around the back of the house into the front, and towards the road. I tear after them to try and keep them safe. The new house has a fenced yard. Yay- hopefully they can go for play fests with a little less stress on me... They never seem to run the same direction when they're both outside.

I've eaten a tomato based veg stock made from tomatoes from my garden, and a pasta sauce as well in recent days. I can't keep up with the tomatoes from my 3 plants. Thankfully the big pumpkin plant is starting to tone down a bit- it seems to have stopped creeping- which is good. It covers a huge part of the yard, still. I'll need to get the garden all tidied up before I move. I'm not really looking forward to the moving process- I have far too much big stuff these days!

No comments: