Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Hmmm...

Okay, it is back to the most non descriptive subject post line. I haven't posted in a while because nothing jumped out at me to post about.

In my news: I'm only about 9 days away from another move. This will be the hardest move of my life, because for the first time I have big stuff to move! There is the bed, the couch, the love seat, the kitchen table, the dryer, the big stand thing, etc. As usual prior to my moves, I've been purging. I went through my entire closet and was what I considered to be fairly relentless. I must have trimmed out about 4 or 5 bags that went to the red bin. I'm thinning out books as well- although I must say I've been rather restrained buying them, instead trying to make better use of the library. Those will get dropped off at the windmill which will be then used in the great annual Founders Book fair, where you can buy books really cheap. I take advantage, so best to donate as well. I've also been trying to eat the pantry- but haven't made too much headway on that front. I'll be moving away from this cute but ant full and non insulated house to a house that at least has underfloor and ceiling insulation only put in last year. Its a short term let of 6 months or hopefully a year and is much closer to town with a fab kitchen. I can't wait to be moved!

Other than that, my weekday activities of horseback riding and pilates take up a couple of nights a week. I've been pondering entering a 10km race in May- more to get me running again than anything else. Since a slight foot injury a while back, I haven't been out but am feeling okay again. We'll see if I get motivated after the move.

The days are getting shorter. It feels like winter is around the corner. I'm not looking forward to it, even though it doesn't mean -40. :) It does mean cold chilly kiwi houses and darkness, and thats a challenge enough.

My kittens are growing rapidly. Jasper is starting to look like a cat- getting his winter coat, so he's starting to lose the very extreme kitten cuteness. Allie already looks like a cat- she's a big girl. I've had her 4 months already, and him about 2 1/2.

Well, off to work I go. I had room for my blog this morning compliments of my darling kittens who decided I should get up at 6am, a full half hour early, so you can thank them for this post!

No comments: