Thursday, April 08, 2010

A bird in the hand...

I've moved into my new house. It was a crazy big move. Ugg. I totally don't love moving- not so much because of moving all the stuff- but mostly because of the pain of the house cleaning process. It's been busy since I've got possession. I've been here only 3 nights so far, and have been out every evening since- so I don't yet feel settled in.

Today however I popped in from work for lunch- only to discover a bird in my lounge. I wondered how it could have got in- thinking maybe it snuck in when I went out. Strangely my kittens hadn't attacked it- it was trying to get out the patio doors at ground level. When I arrived on the scene it flew up to a higher window, where I captured it and released it outside. My next stop was the kitchen where I planned to have lunch- but instead discovered broken glass all over the window. It turns out Mr. Bird had flown through the window. Right through. He made a bit of a mess all over the kitchen floor, so my lunch was spent cleaning up after Mr Bird. I also got to contact the landlords agent- only a week in the property- and already they've had to repair something. What are the odds of this happening just after I moved in? Lucky I guess! Or maybe the owners cleaned the windows just a little too clean!

In other news- we changed the time on the weekend. I'm not a great fan of less time in the evenings. We shifted my horseback riding lesson back half an hour which means I dash straight from work- and its still getting dark at the end of the hour. Just think- its another 5 months before it'll get any better. I'm not at all ready for winter, and don't even have the electric blanket on the bed yet. Day time temperatures still aren't bad, but its starting to drop overnight.

No comments: