Thursday, April 22, 2010

Time Marches On

An update on the kittens:
Jasper has discovered he likes to climb! Whether sitting on top of the high wooden bench, watching the neighbours on the other side of the fence, or strolling along the fenceline debating about jumping on the neighbours roof, he has no fear.

Used to be perfect Allie is shaky and terrified, but tonight for the first time attempted to follow in little Jasper's footsteps. I think she was thankful when I reached out to help her down. She has turned a little annoying in that she is regularly waking me up at 5something am.

Things are different in the new house. They don't have their usual play spots or things, so have totally given up on toys they used to play with. I'm a little nostalgic, not about my former house, but for how the kittens grew up to be 6 month olds there.

Other than the kittens, I am largely settled into the new house. I love the yard and am thankful it is warmer than Roto Street was, however I will miss the double glazing and insulation I had in my apartment last winter.

Mom just sent me a big 12 pack of poutine mix in the mail. I'm so excited! Now I can make poutine. I would think that kiwis, with their affinity for things like bacon and egg pies would love the yummy goodness of fries with cheese and gravy but it doesn't exist here. A big thanks to Mom!!

Anzac Day is coming up this weekend. It's kind of like Canadian Remembrance Day. Poppies will be on sale tomorrow. We will remember them.

I attended a local play- "Footrot Flats" last night. It was only $15, and it reminded me how much I appreciate the theatre and how much I miss the Globe in Regina.

Until next time...

No comments: