Tuesday, March 03, 2015

I'm back...

I've been away for a good long while.  Sometimes silence is golden, and then other times you feel like shouting out to the universe - even if no one is reading. :)

3 weeks ago I took my first riding lesson at the Giggling Pony.  

When I was a little girl, I dreamed of horses.  Every single birthday candle, wishing star, and wish chip was for a horse.  When the winter came that Lady came to board at the farm, I learned a whole lot and more with others as time went on.    But now, I feel like an extension of that little girls dream is finally coming true, if a somewhat greater and bigger dream, 25 years later.  I do feel like shouting out to the whole world how excited I am.

A couple of years ago, I just wanted to go riding.  But that all changed in December when I met a part Arabian mare called Cassie.  The lady who was selling her me introduced me to "horsemanship" and this awakened in me a great passion to know and learn more.   I did not buy Cassie.  But she has began my new journey of discovery.  I've been reading about horsemanship by reading, some Parelli, Monty Roberts also on the way.

So when I started my first lesson, I was so excited that it started out with "horsemanship" stuff.  I've always loved horses, but never had I thought about the subtle cues I was sending them by moving my body in a certain way.  Last lesson was on a dressage horse, and I have lots and lots to learn and lots of things I'm not learning very quickly.  The journey of a lifetime, I think....  And it has begun.



No comments: