Monday, February 19, 2007

Another wee update...

Time chugs on and my time in Nelson draws to a close in under a week.  A week from today I'll be living in Blenheim and on my first day at the new job.
 
This weekend I tried a few cool things that were going on in Nelson.  Saturday night was Sealord's Night with the Stars, a very cool outdoor show, with a variety of opera and classical talent.  It was really enjoyable, and although rain threatened, it held off.  The price??  An affordable 10 dollars.  Really, really enjoyed it.  Attendance, I have no idea... Maybe 1000, maybe less, maybe more.
 
Yesterday the flatties and I went out to the Brightwater Wine & Food Festival. I must say, that ciabatta bread with feta & roasted red pepper, and the one with tomato & basil were absolutely delicious!!!
 
In the "getting ready to move" front, I finally went out and bought a car.  (After much agonizing... and I mean MUCH!!! And also much reading of the car buyers guide, and much internet shopping!!!)   A 1996 Toyota Camry GLX, green in colour.  The nice salesman took me for a very long drive, which was good practise in terms of getting comfortable with the car- as well as beginning to get comfortable on the left side of the road... I kept hitting the windshield wipers instead of the signal, since it is in the wrong place. :)   I ended up buying from a dealer, due in large part to the convenience. And because it was as close to what I wanted as I could find... (was kind of after a corolla, but this was 2nd choice.)  After they get the WOF (aka warrant of fitness) on the car, I'll be able to pick it up. (Well, I'll have to go and get insurance first...)  A further delay from pick up will be caused as my friend Rita and I are planning a 3 day camp trip in the beautiful abel tasman area over the next couple of days.   Too bad my digital camera conked out...  I shall have to shell out on a few disposables, I think...
 
 


All new Yahoo! Mail
Get news delivered. Enjoy RSS feeds right on your Mail page.

No comments: