Friday, February 23, 2007

Kiwi fun...

This week has been a week of a lot of firsts... Including my first time getting a pedicure.  This was today... Very nice. :) 
 
I also picked up my car papers and strolled on over to the something or other, where they viewed my Saskatchewan drivers license and changed registration ownership to me... Yes, interestingly here in NZ you keep the plates and WOF (warrant of fitness) that come on the car, and just fill out a form to change from one owner to another.
 
I then strolled on down to AMI to buy insurance.  This is novel for me, as of course in Saskatchewan we all use SGI for insurance. I didn't feel like shopping around, but have heard good things about AMI, and they have a great commercial about smiles... I was delighted to learn that even without discount the insurance piece is only ~$650.  And if you have a clean record for 5 years you can get a 60% discount!!   Quite big.  I then strolled over to AA to buy that here, and again found it was cheaper than I remembered in Canada at only ~$77.  (The great thing here, too, is that quoted prices include taxes... Even on the cars you buy.)  Nice.  :)
 
Now I get to go pick up the car, getting ready for my big move over to Blenheim on the weekend. I contacted the landlord and he'll be able to drop me off keys.
 
My time in Nelson winds down.  How I've loved this place...


Share your photos with the people who matter at Yahoo! Canada Photos

No comments: