Friday, August 31, 2007

The bad blogging continues...

I took my car in for it's first warrant, and service- the cost was to the tune of around $280. I was pleasantly surprised to get my car back all clean and vaccumed inside! That doesn't happen at home. They were much more informal at the dealership than back home. I had to take the car back for further warranty work, and they told me that hadn't had time to work on the invoice- so would post it out to me later. My question was "do you have my address?" - because unlike old Bennet Dunlop back in Sask- they don't log you in the computer every time you come to visit.

We spent last weekend down in the sounds and I had my first taste of oysters (vote- thumbs down!), as well as scallops (surprisingly- despite my giant fear, they weren't at all bad.) We spent the day on the water Sunday and I ended up getting a sunburn on my face. I guess it is time to whip out the sun screen again- but I relish this sign of spring!! It was a very nice weekend to spend with friends.

Work continues to be very busy... Fiscal year end, and I'm the accountant- so I'm not entirely surprised. I'm very much looking forward to my time off when I return to Canada in November.

Tuesday night was the lunar eclipse. I don't recall ever watching one before- so I thought it was rather interesting! I took some photos and as I didn't hold the camera still enough, it appeared that there was a bright comet in the night sky. At such times, a tripod would have come in handy!

I was reading the Otago Daily Times the other day at lunch and was pleasantly surprised to find a little section on the activities in the NZ Parliament. It was a great summary- I wish the Express had the same. (local Marlborough paper).

This weekend I'm going to the Tasman Makos rugby game. Apparently the season is almost over, and here I was barely aware it had started!

Have a good weekend everyone- and a big happy birthday to Shawn, if you're reading this!

No comments: