Monday, February 04, 2008

Blenheim's in the news...

And the reason isn't good. A boil water advisory has been issued. I live out of Blenheim so my home water supply is sweet, it's just bringing bottled water to work. Article on the advisory here: http://www.stuff.co.nz/marlboroughexpress/4384878a6008.html

There were also crazy power surges like I've never experienced last night. The lights would stay on about 1/4 light, and then 1/2 light, and then full light, and then back to 1/4 light. Crazy. Apparently this happens sometimes. Then the power went out. Luckily it was my bed time. I woke up before work, sort of sadly. I wouldn't have minded a sleep in, without the alarm clock. :)

Weather has been quite hot in the top of the south, although saying that, it is gray and overcast today. Raining now, even, apparently. My poor deck tomatoes need some rain. One looks like its on its last legs, although it has yielded me many cherry tomatoes. My chili pepper plant has yielded one red chili, and another green one is still on. Plenty of little green peppers also on the grow.

In other news, I discovered a few weeks back that there was an Asian Version of the Amazing Race. Same music, same clue cards, same idea- but with teams from Asia. The kiwi team had made it into the final 3 which was the episode I saw. It wasn't quite the same without the great kiwi host, Phil Keoghan. (sp?).

The other NEW tv shows are back. Greys, and Ugly Betty just started last night. Desparate Housewives is tonight.

Upcoming Wed. is Waitangi Day- held every Feb 6- in reminder of signing the Treaty of Waitangi. Not quite the same as treaty 6 in Sask, but a treaty nevertheless. See further details at wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waitangi_Day

In the locale update, Blenheim hasn't grown on me. I don't think it will. Luckily I like my cute wee flat in Tua Marina, which is also pleasantly close to Picton for those weekends when I'm at home. I do like Picton- and it never had to grow on me. Tiny little town, but nice, nevertheless. I spent a few hours there on the weekend, sitting on the foreshore, with many others.

No comments: