Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Wisdom teeth

Yesterday I headed at 11:20 to the A & E area of the Blenheim hospital , where i was soon called through to a medical bed. They put in my iv thingy (which was a first) and it didn't take too long for the oral surgeon to come through, confirm which teeth were coming out and verify I was the right Kelly- and confirm whether I wanted to keep the teeth (a definite! no). I then proceeded behind the doc and nurse to a theatre, as they are called here. I laid down on this super high skinny table (I say skinny because my arms didn't really even fit on). They put on the blood pressure cup and the green towel and the doc said "do you like white wine? here you go", as the iv stuff started- and he said I would be getting light headed. I seem to think they put a green thing over my head with only a hole for my mouth and only have one or two vague recollections of the surgery. My sense of time really was upset. I think I said ow a few times as they tug- but as they said it didn't really leave a bad feeling. I have no recollection of being taken from the table back down to the bed to lie down and have my iv thing removed, although I remember her taking out the first guaze and putting more in. They gave Phil instructions and he drove me home, but I don't remember the ride even though it was 20 minutes long.Then it was time to take meds and sit with upright head, and I was so very dozy (thanks to the sedative). Slept all right last night, feeling sore today, have to go back this aft for test. Still feeling quite tired as well, but at least those 2 teeth are gone- as is the massive fear of the procedure that I had yesterday!

No comments: