Monday, May 05, 2008

The last 2 weeks

The run up to finishing work in Blenheim was quite busy, and then came the "fun" of moving. Remind me to flat in the future, instead of living alone. So much more work on the cleaning the whole place before you leave than just your room.

Anyhow, after much trudging up hill with multiple bags and goods, I'm in my new flat, overlooking the port. It's amazing how much stuff I've aquired in the last year and a bit. Almost 2 car loads; when I moved to Blenheim I had less than 1. Today was the first day of work at the new job and I managed to walk to work, and more painfully- back up the hill.

It's great to be back in NElson, even though it is winter. Looking forward to rediscovering the region, now that I'm settled into my new flat. It has been chilly. My last day in Blenheim there was a nice frost.

No comments: