Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A week in Nelson

I've been back over a week, and it is nice to return to this place that my heart loves.
On the weekend I went for a run to Tahuna beach, my first run in months to be fair. The beach is a sure reward for the effort, just as it was when I lived here before, although I don't think I'll be making it a morning ritual at least until winter is over. Plus my time was shockingly slow- it took an hour and a quarter, in long part because of the trudge back up Russell Street when I was near to getting home. I SURE wasn't running then...

I've been out to dine a few times in my time back and have attended a gals lunch fundraising for breast cancer.

I've settled nicely into my new flat, and I'm sure in time that big walk home from work will be much easier than it is now...

It's also great living with cats again! :)

I'm delighting in my electric blanket, recently purchased. Why didn't I buy one earlier? It sure helps getting a good nights sleep in these cool kiwi homes. The current flat is heated by a gas fireplace, which we tend not to use, instead using a gas heater in the lounge. The hot water and stove are also gas powered. Which means a nice low power bill, at any rate.

In terms of utilities, it is nice to be back in the town of kerbside recyling. Hurray! :)

I continue to watch Shorters, and Greys, and admit to having watched a bit of Coronation Street for the first time, tonight...

1 comment:

Heather said...

oh man! so many comments to make!
- firstly... so glad to hear you are happy to be back "home" in Nelson!
- secondly... I can not believe that you are JUST NOW trying out the electric blanket! it is the best thing EVER!!!
- finally... welcome to the world of Coronoation Street! You just missed one of the most exciting stories ever!... Tracy's murder trial!