Friday, May 30, 2008

Up, down, and around

So things have been rather busy in Nelson. The learning continues at work, with an annual plan and now month end coming up. I was also up in Auckland for a training course early this week. I went up on the weekend so I could go shopping, fully intent on buying a winter jacket, shoes, merino tops, and maybe a nice sweater or two. It was one of those fruitless shopping weekends. I took the bus on saturday out to dressmart, a outlet store shopping centre. Didn't find much. On Sunday I took transit out to Newmarket, and again didn't find much- before bussing back to central - where I finally found a few things... including flat dress shoes. Yay. Didn't find much else on my list. Boo. It always seems to be that way, when you are looking. The weather was sunny and warm on Saturday in Auckland. It felt like summer! I checked out a tasty italian restaurant in the CBD, dining solo on Sunday night - at about 8. It was a delight to be able to find dinner at that hour.

This weekend we're off to Kaikoura for the last long weekend until Sept or Oct.

The temperate has REALLY dropped in the last week. The frosts have started. I think it was down to 0 the other day. This is really cold- with the kiwi insulation- or should I say lack thereof... I've lost my lovely Kathmandu merino top from last year and have had to purchase a few cheaper alternatives.

I watched game 3 of the cup finals with a group of Canadian friends in Nelson. I miss hockey...

No comments: