Saturday, July 26, 2008

A big Brrrrr... And a shopping frenzy

We've had a very unpleasant July, weather wise. Nelson's far above its average rainfall. It's been a struggle to try and get clothes washed - as there just hasn't been much drying time.

Oh a brighter note, I've finally replaced the camera that George the flat cat knocked on the floor. After HOURS of research and checking out the feel of cameras at the shops, I went for the Fuji s5800. Its a big fellow- but has 10x zoom and what looks to be great photo quality from test shots so far. I'll post some photos, one of these days.

Today I FINALLY purchased a pair of hiking boots from Kathmandu after 2 years of living in NZ without any. I saw these ones, tried them on- and love them! They're light and pink too. YAY.

I seem to be on the recovery from my cold. I felt the worst on Monday- but now its better.

An update on the housing situation. Since I've moved in 3 months ago- we 1) had to have a new post box installed because NZ Post refused to walk part way up the driveway 2) had to have the gas bottles relocated from the back yard because the gas company found it too dangerous to come there and 3) most recently- the rubbish collection company we were using have decided to stop doing our street because it is too difficult to navigate. (We'll go back to using the city now.) This house has been here for how many years- and these changes have happened in a couple of months. My flattie said I must be good luck. :) It's a skinny street, all right!

That's it for now, folks. Brr. As I sit in my puffer jacket with the little gas heater on, dreaming of central heating- but also looking forward to summer!

1 comment:

Heather said...

oh how I do love reading your blog!

I just so happen to be sitting in my living room doing some work with my hat and puffer jacket on too!

ps. I wish you still lived in Blenheim!