Thursday, July 17, 2008

Mid July...

I've passed my law class. Yay.

And just this week I started Taxation. This class seems much better so far than law was... I got actual booklets with all of the readings, and the learning guide, how to use the website etc. Plus we're going to be getting weekly updates from the professor. I also received confirmation of enrolment. With my law class, I hadn't received anything when the course started- I had to email for my student number. I had to spend over $80 on printer cartridges printing out all of the various assignments and readings- and there were 2 communications from the prof- both on the assignments. With tax he has lots of practise questions, and the week one readings were more economic oriented than tax oriented- starting with economic principles- including a bit of a reading from Adam Smiths Wealth of Nations! So far, A + to this class.

I'm still camera shopping, having not yet replaced my Lumix that was knocked on the floor by naughty George the flatmates cat.

In NZ news, one of the recent items of discussion has been whether they should allow use of medicial marijuana. Also grocery prices are the highest ever, a newspaper has recently reported. Petrol has recently dropped 4 cents though, I think that puts us at 212.9?

I'm a month into running again, although only 1-3 times per week. It's finally starting to feel good- instead of painful. I think it will be easier as the days start to get longer.

No comments: