Sunday, November 02, 2008

Grrr. Skinny streets & Elections coming

Last week I decided to go for my first run in AGES!!! I headed out about 745pm and didnt make it home until about 9. I decided to turn up hill and run along the tops of the hill instead of my normal route down the hill and on the flat. Wow. What a workout. A lot more of it turned into "walking" than running, particularly on the way out in gale force winds. I think I went a little hard for the first time in about 2 months- with me waking up during the night with cramps, cramps, and more cramps. This happens when I'm tired- and apparently my poor calves were tired.

I've continued to study for my upcoming tax final. It's only 9 days away- counting down to freedom from the guilt that hangs over my head when I should be studying or working on study. I've been in course for much of the past 8 months. It will be great to be done- so wish me luck! Despite the fact that I learn best by practising, I can say for sure that I miss classes- all self directed learning isn't my most effective way of learning.

I have mentioned the terribly skinny street I live on? Today I went out and found my car side window was smashed. Someone drove too close. Grr. I've almost had enough of living on beachville.

My voter card arrived today. I will "checkmark" to vote for both a party vote, and a candidate vote. The package also contained a list of all of the parties running and their list of candidates. Each party that gets 5% of party vote gets a proportion of seats. For example, if Labour leader and current PM Helen Clark lost her riding, she is # 1 on the Labour list vote, so as long as Labour took 5% of the party vote, she'd be in. National has a narrow lead in the polls, but the MMP system makes predicting results very difficult because of the play of the minor parties. Will Act, or the Greens, or NZ First align with National or Labour?? This could determine who is in power.

The days are getting longer , and its noticable in morning and evening. I'm lookin forward to summer!

No comments: