Sunday, November 30, 2008

On Christmas...

I came across a Christmas card when I was browsing in the post shop yesterday.
"I believe in Christmas and the wonder of the day- Stockings hung & carols sung & Santa and his sleigh... in gifts wrapped up with care, Trimming trees and families and memories to share...
I believe in Christmas and in wishes that come true, To know the worth of peace on earth for those who love and you. Merry Christmas. " a (www.johnsands.com) card.

I had to buy it because I thought it had a great message- one that is so easy to forget when you're grumpy with your printer for running out of ink when you're printing Christmas letters, or braving the lines at the shops, or trying to find something to buy for that impossible to buy for friend or relative. :) It put things a little bit back in perspective for me, so many thanks to John Sands.

We had the greatest day yesterday- it was the classic summer day- and was pretty much the first one of the season. Blue sky, warm, absolutely lovely! I went for a run today first thing and yikes did I ever get hot and sweaty. I'm going to have to stick to the early morning or late evening runs- I think- as the weather warms up. I'm still trying to get back in the groove of the running bit actually- averaging only about one run per week for the last 4 weeks. Running to lovely Tahuna beach continues to be my reward. I love that place...

No comments: