Sunday, January 25, 2009

A mellow Nelson weekend

I had the weekend in Nelson this weekend, which sometimes feels unusual. It was great to meander down to the market on Saturday (although it was very busy- definitely tourist season!) , find some yummy gelato from Penguino, and wander the shops. Saturday evening we went to Sealord Opera in the Park, which featured 4 singers. For a very good value $15 I enjoyed about 2- 2 1/2 of the show, followed up by fireworks. It was, as usual, fantastic. I enjoyed it so much I had to go buy Josh Groban's newest album.

Today we headed out to Mapua and wandered the shops and galleries there. Then headed back with a stop at the Abbey for some chips and gravy.

Tonight the sunset was beautiful and soft- with lots of pastelly pinks and purples. I so love the view from my new apartment... I love the apartment too. It feels really good to be here, despite the traffic noise from being on a busy street.

This webcam is just across the street from me, so you get an idea of my view
http://www.takeabreak.co.nz/accommodation/nelson.asp -I don't think I'll ever tire of the view.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

Cool post!

I run the Nelson webcams, we also have a cam in Kaiteriteri and up at Bishopdale - with more hopefully soon.

We will be adding timelapse soon, so that you can go back and look at past images. Will be really good for picking out the nice sunsets.

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Would you consider linking to Takeabreak from your blogroll?
Maybe out webcam page would be of interest to your readers?
www.takeabreak.co.nz/new-zealand-webcams.asp

We list all the best webcam around NZ.

Heather said...

Wicked view!!