Thursday, January 22, 2009

Of sneezes and sniffles...

So, have I posted that I've got hay fever? I had this cold that seemed to never completely go away for about 4 months. I used it as a nice excuse not to get out running to the lovely Tahuna beach, but finally Pip at work indicated my excessive sneezing sounded like hay fever to her. Last week I finally went to the pharmacy and gave my symptoms- worst in the morning, runny nose, watery eyes, itchy nose, sneezing. Yes- it sounds like hay fever. She started me on the pills instead of the nasal spray. It has made a positive difference but you can tell you're not quite normal on it either. It's a bit like being in a cloud when you're taking the meds. But - I must say- far better than not being able to function properly during the day. I'm hoping this hay fever thing is a one time thing as the pharmacist said it's been a particularly bad year with many people who've never had it before coming in.

I have to say- I thought I'm pretty good at following instructions but today I bought a wireless router and I cannot get it working! I managed to somehow take down my wired broadband just when I meant to be bidding on trademe on a piece of art that I really liked. I managed to get my wired broadband up just minutes after the auction closed. Doh. I think I'll resort to calling the helpline when they are back open. This is a pain, however, as my phone line and broadband are not wanting to work at the same time at the moment. They don't seem to like going through the splitter. Wired internet is better than no internet, but getting it all going is sure proving to be a headache. My last flattie couldn't get the secured wireless set up properly but was okay with the non secured wireless. Living in an apartment, that isn't a good option for me. Stay tuned in my saga of internet. I'm sure I've spend 10 hours trying to get it working in the last week...

In exciting news, my family is coming to visit in March. I'm really keen to see them all - I was last back in Nov 07. It'll be a big adventure for my brothers/ mom who haven't left North America. Despite it being a busy time at work, thankfully I'm able to take a week off. It'll be great to show them a bit of this area that I have come to love.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Yippee! You must be stoked about your family coming to visit!!

Good luck with the wireless router. If I was in Nelson I'd offer to help, but since I don't actually know what I'm doing when I am mucking around with wireless internet, I'm afraid I can't offer any advice for you...