Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Settling in...

I tell you, moving sure doesn't get any more fun when you've done it a number of times. I arrived in Nelson in July 2006 and moved into a great old flat on Nile Street. That was a short term stay. Then I lived in a cute little cottage on Rutherford street, where I lived until I moved into the big house in Blenheim with 4 others. Then it was the 1 bedroom cottage in Tua Marina until I moved back to Nelson. Stop 1, Round 2 in Nelson was on the hill, but now I'm living in what is nearly my dream place. I'm in a waterfront apartment with a lovely sea view and no grass to cut. I love it so far... I also am loving the living alone bit at the moment!

Last weekend I joined a couple of friends camping in Hanmer. It was my first camping trip of the year, but I was stupid and forgot my tent. Luckily friends had a giant tent that I was able to stay in. It was great to be in a tent again. I'm looking forward to a bit more camping this summer.

I've now been in the new place just over a week. It took vodafone until tonight to get the broadband up and working. I spent a lot of time on the phone- and it ended up being a technical fault of some sort. We're up and running now. Yay! :)

I tried to start off on a good front in the new place. I've gone running Monday, Wednesday and Fridays before work every day so far, and I've done other "video" exercises on the Tuesday, Thursday. Hopefully I can keep it up long enough to make it a habit. :) IT sure isn't coming easy yet - it's fast how quickly fitness disappears if you don't keep it up!

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Sounds wonderful, Kelly! I'm glad you've gotten the internet problem fixed. That can be such a pain. You will get a Christmas letter once I get them in the mail (I'm really slow this year...) Have a great day!