Thursday, July 02, 2009

Canada Day thoughts...

I attended a Canada day event last night with a bunch of other Canadian friends and other friends. It was a good night for us all to be patriotic and wear our white and red. We listened to Canadian music, and there was brief discussion on what it means to be Canadian. My short answer: Being proud to be Canadian- but not generally shouting it.

I've been reading through a book on 100 Canadian destinations in light of Canada Day- those that I have visited so far include:
# 15- Land of Living Skies- SK
# 17- Lake Louise, AB
# 24- West Edmonton Mall
# 53- Moraine Lake AB
# 69 - Icefields Parkway AB
# 74- Stanley PArk BC
# 77 Niagra Falls and Wine Country On
# 89- Waterton Park AB

The top new ones that I want to go to are:
#6- The Badlands AB
# 13- Lunenburg NS
# 30 PEI National Park
#42 Peggys Cove NS
# 44- Canada Day in Ottawa
#50 Great Sand Hills SK
# 55 (My # 1 choice of places I want to visit) - Old Quebec City- Quebec
# 56 Louisbourg Nova Scotia
# 60 Skating on the Rideau- Ottawa
# 69 Rocky Mountaineer Train Trip (AB BC)

1 comment:

Heather said...

I keep forgetting that you're not from Ontario, like me. Skating on the canal in Ottawa during Winterlude is one of the best things ever! Add that to your list, right below your visit to Old Quebec!