Sunday, July 12, 2009

The countdown is on...

I leave for Canada in one week for almost four weeks- and I can't wait!!! My agenda includes some time in BC, some time in the Rockies, and some time in Sask. And I can't wait!!

I was just reading how my friend Heather felt when she got back to Canada having finished her stint of time working over here. I wonder how I will feel when I return on holiday. I am certain driving on the other side of the road again is going to be interesting- but at least the roads are wide enough that it should be somewhat easier than here in NZ. I'm so looking forward to family, Canadian food (perogies & poutine included), leaving winter and short days for summer and longer days, country music, shopping, and the like.

I fear I may be catching a slight cold again. Grr. I've been over it for a while but others around me have had one, and I feel a slight tickle in my throat. I really hope it doesn't develop. Flying with a cold and hence sore ears is never easy.

Oh say- in other news- the person I was covering maternity leave for has returned. I've finally signed my permanent contract. Time will tell what life at work looks like sometime after I return from holiday- and the new accounting team starts to sit together etc.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Enjoy your trip home. If you make it to Ontario, give me a shout!