Sunday, September 20, 2009

It's been a while...

I learned something new today- New Zealand isn't part of the 7 continents. It's part of the region known as Australasia/ Oceania though. Strange... You'd think every piece of land would be part of one continent or the other. Apparently not, at least according to a few web resources.

It was a lovely day today- one of those days you're thankful to live in the sunny Nelson region. I went for a short run to the beach. I still want to gear up for a half marathon later in the year- although my training schedule hasn't been going stellar. I had a great 90 minute jog last Sunday, was out of town most of last week, and hence didn't get back out until today.

I'm thinking very strongly of moving. Since my flattie moved out my current accomodation is rather expensive. And I'm thinking very strongly of getting a ragdoll kitten- which means a move from my current "no pets" accomodation. This might actually need to be 2 ragdoll kittens since they apparently need a high amount of company. The reason I'm into this breed is that they make ideal indoor pets. In Nelson its very common for houses to have catdoors and cats to run wild and jump over the fence into the neighbours garden, but these cats make better indoor pets. They're also supposed to be affectionate, docile, and placid- and not too high maintenance grooming wise given their longer coat. Read a bit about the breed here: http://fanciers.com/breed-faqs/ragdoll-faq.html

On the flat hunt front, not much luck. I'm keeping an eye out for places that allow pets, in a decent price range, and with a heat pump. I'm not seeing much... Wish me luck, and stay tuned on my kitten & accomodation status...

No comments: