Saturday, November 14, 2009

Mid November

Another week has come and gone. My it was a busy one at work with month end. It's been about 3 years for me working in corporate accounting in industry as opposed to external audit- and I'm still not sure what I think about the cycle of reporting month after month after month. But I certainly don't miss the hours and travel that came with auditing.

I've started running again this week, thinking of possibly gearing up for the Buller half. I haven't done a half marathon since my first one during my first year in NZ back in 2007. At that time I didn't think I'd ever do one again, but I think it might be a good goal to gear up for to stay motivated.

I'm settling into my new home. The rental market in Nelson is rather tough- first there is a lack of reasonably priced rental properties on the market- and secondly they go very quickly when they do appear. I do miss living in my beautiful waterfront apartment which was so wonderfully double glazed and warm- but I'm also very glad I took my new cute wee house, as I've kept an eye out since I moved here and have seen nothing else what would have worked. THis place should be a good home for my new wee kittens- and that was reason enough to move. (And of course, its cheaper than life on the waterfront too!)

No comments: