Sunday, November 01, 2009

A week in..

So I've been a week + in my new house. I'm still sleeping on the couch, although the furniture place tell me the new bed will be delivered tomorrow. It had better be- I think my back will be happy to try the new one. Hopefully tomorrow- fingers crossed...

It was Halloween yesterday- which isn't nearly as big of a holiday here as it is back home. For the first time in NZ, I've actually had trick or treaters- 5 came to my new house. I'm in a bit of a family area. I had only bought one packet of candy as I didn't expect I'd need it- but thankfully it lasted through the 5.

I went for a big run this am. It seemed very big since I've taken a several week break- and really almost a 6 week break since serious jogging. I'm tired now and I'm sure I'll feel it tomorrow- but it felt pretty good out there running along the beach (I'm glad my new house is still close to lovely Tahuna beach).

I'm dangerously close to selecting another kitten. I've been looking and looking and looking and emailing breeder after breeder after breeder. I didn't really want to get 2 from the same local breeder as I was looking for more colour diversity. I may have found the lilac girl I was looking for, stay tuned.

Today I visited my former flattie Jill and her new beautiful 11 week old burmese kitten- "William"- a new brother for Milo & George. He's very, very bold and outgoing- typical to other burmese babies that I've seen. I'm glad Milo was also happy to see me. I've missed the boys- it's been almost a year since I lived with them.

In other news - I bought a couple of tomato plants and herbs to plant at the new place. We'll see if they take off. Last time I tried tomatos was living in the wind at Tua Marina. They didn't grow great.

No comments: