Tuesday, November 24, 2009

A weekend at home




Friday I had taken the day off work. I had such a productive day doing all sorts of errands and tasks: 1) taking shoes to the cobbler 2) taking the dry cleaning 3) taking clothing for alterations 4) taking old clothing to the sallies 5) some Christmas shopping 6) cutting the lawn, etc. I felt so productive. Little girl arrived on a 4:50pm flight from Auckland. I eagerly waited for the time to arrive and picked her up at the cargo spot. I walked her to my car and started the drive home. She meowed a bit during the short ride from the airport. She was already lonely. Upon arriving home she explored her room- bedroom #2 of my house- very carefully. I showed her some food and water and her litter box and toys. Then I picked her up because she was yawning. She decided to have a nap on my lap- so I couldn't move for a while. When she woked up she did a bit more playing around and then it was bed time. She slept most of the night, although she did wake me up a couple of times for some attention. Sometimes the anticipation is more exciting than the real event, but not in this case. We had the weekend to settle in and she is now quite comfortable roaming through the house. It took her a day and me much worry but she started eating. She sleeps and rests quite a lot but when she's not sleeping she is tearing about playing. She really likes her mouse toys- she has managed to lose all the little ones. In typical cat fashion she also likes things that aren't so pricy as toys- a container of my lip balm, my exercise ball, my yoga mat. Poor girl is now spending her days alone- with a visit at lunch time- due to work. I feel so guilty leaving the little attention seeker alone (despite the fact I know she sleeps away a good part of the day). This is why kitten #2 will be arriving in less than a month so they can keep each other company.

It was difficult to name the wee girl. Her name is Lilac Lady of Grace, and the breeder had called her Chelsey, but I settled for something different- Allie. Not after any Allie in particular- it just seemed to suit her.








1 comment:

Heather said...

Very cute!