Saturday, January 09, 2010

In Nelson news...

To give you a sense of the goings on in Nelson, some of the stories in today's Nelson Mail:

1) Sunshine crown home. Nelson is once again the sunniest place in NZ (for 2009 with 2570 hours ahead of Tauranga and Blenheim.) Nelson finished 2nd in 2008, 3rd in 2007, and 1st in 2006 and 2005. My comment: It's great to live in a sunny town

2) Handling the annual tourist avalanche- the Nelson i-Site visitor center had 1200 tourists a day through its doors this week. My comment: Wow- lots of tourists... This explains why my lunch time drive home to feed the kitties is taking a full 2 or 3 minutes longer than normal these days.

3) Wow factor gets artist into Avatar- a 24 year old Golden Bay local worked on this film for the past 3 years. She left school at 13 to concentrate on her passion, and won the Supreme Award in 2004 at 18- the youngest winner ever. Wow helped her be found by Weta Workshop- which does lots of film work. She's currently working on another film- details . My comment: Good for her!

So today I went to battle with the ants again as I noticed them once again on 2 sides of the house. I sprayed, and we'll see if I notice a difference. Today was also the kitties first day together unsupervised. They're starting to get along better, although Jasper is a bit of a bossy wee fellow. Allie is sleeping in high places because he decides to attack her periodically. She then fights back.

No comments: