Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Hmmm....

I think finally little Jasper is properly litter box trained. It's been a less than fun process in getting there- little Allie was so easy compared to him!

We've finally had a few nice-ish days. I went out on Sunday to Tahuna beach in the afternoon for my first swim of the season. I managed to miss a patch on my back with sunscreen- so I have a funny shaped sunburn- oops. Guess the sunscreen works.

I take my car in for a service and warrant today. The warrant is the thing in NZ that all cars must display on the inside of their front windscreens. Older cars like mine have to get them done 2 X per year. They do all sorts of checks- I guess it's like a safety check. Servicing has been noticably expensive. I wonder if I'll make it through on under $300 today. Time will tell.

I can't believe how fast January has gone. It's almost time for another month end. We get next Monday off as "Nelson Anniversary". But then the holidays start to thin out again. We miss "Anzac Day" And "Waitangi Day" as both fall on weekends without compensating other days off. So we've still got easter to come up and Queens Birthday in June- and then I think it stretches out to late Oct for another one. Uggg. That's a long time without time off work. I didn't take much time off at Christmas and I'm starting to wish I would have... Lots of stuff going on at work in the next number of months- we should all be busy.

2 comments:

Abundancetrek said...

I discovered you through our common interest in TRAVEL. You are now first in the BLOGGER Travel queue with over 4.8 million bloggers behind you.

I found it interesting that your post is dated January 27, 2010. We still have nearly 10 hours to go on January 26 here in upstate NY.

My next trip will be to Germany in June. I'm using the Rick Steves book. His books really helped us enjoy trips to England, France and Spain in the last 4 years.

love, john + www.abundancetrek.com + "The quest for a story is the quest for a life.” — Jill Johnston quoted in The Vein of Gold by Julia Cameron

Abundancetrek said...

nearly 11 hours that should have been.