Sunday, September 10, 2006

More days...

I've had a few comments that I'm no longer a prolific enough blogger. It gets a little harder because Nelson is no longer a strange place. I live here now, at least for a while longer.  At least for now, Nelson is home.

I went to the market yesterday morning and along with a basket of veggies, found the loviest, orange gerber daisies... They are so bright and beautiful... for only $5. The market also had one of those silver painted guys like you'd see outside the Uffizi in Florence. Leave some coin, and the statue will move... I can't imagine how still he is the rest of the time.  Just try it and see how hard it is!!

Yesterday I also visited the beautiful beach at Kaiteriteri with the golden sands, as well as the Nelson museum.  The Nelson museum had a shoe exhibit on, so fashion-istas like Lizzie would have had a great time :)

Today I'm going to whip up a delightful real supper I think, but first I again head out to tackle the Grampians, up collingwood street. The gps is travelling with me so I can plot the progress of the treck... How far did I really go, and how far up??? (We won't mention how slow. :) )... NZ is great for the fitness level... I don't want to go back to driving everywhere all the time and miss out on the great walks that I'm enjoying here in weather warm enough year round to enjoy them.

I really don't know if it is the place or what, but it it so easy to enjoy the colour, the sun, and the surroundings here.  I guess to be fair a trip from the city to the Rockies did the same for me back home.

(And yes, today it is a sunny (although slightly breezy) day in Nelson...)



Share your photos with the people who matter at Yahoo! Canada Photos

No comments: