Sunday, October 15, 2006

Funny things...

My jog yesterday took me to Tahuna beach, as usual. Since I had time on my hands I walked out much further than normal and observed the guys.  They were harnessed up to this giant kite like thing, and they wear something that looks like a wakeboard, and the wind takes them around.  I'm not sure what it is called, but looks like fun.  Sometimes they get pulled out of the water and then they get to land again.  Looks fun, but looks like you need to be in good shape!  I also walked down to the "doggy" part of the beach which I didn't know existed.  A  wet terrier type dog attacked me with affection and I ended up a little wet and sandy.  It reminded me of the smelly dog in Venice but at least this dog wasn't full of the canal smell. :)

I worked 2 days this past week at the new at least temp job.  It is sort of good to be at work. 

A giant ship is docked right now at Nelson.  Spots are available for sale for something like $2-9Million. But you can stay a night for I think it was a meagre $1800.  I passed some of the folk out last night.  Wow... Can you imagine that kind of money?

So yesterday I aquired something I've been eyeing pretty much ever since I arrived in Nelson- a piece of art work from a lady at the market. For $45 I got it to "homey" up my room.  I absolutely love it!!! 



All new Yahoo! Mail -
Get a sneak peak at messages with a handy reading pane.

No comments: