Monday, October 09, 2006

Longer update

I've been a little lax in my postings of late.  Here's a bit of insight into my thoughts over the last month.

I had initially picked Dunedin as my next stop, however the labour market wasn't looking too promising and nothing turned up. I had about 2 weeks left in the accounting contract that just finished last week and I was trying to figure out my next stop. However I was sitting out at beautiful Tahuna Beach that weekend and it occured to me that I didn't feel ready to leave Nelson- but I had 2 problems: 1) No job and 2 ) I had to be out of my flat ~ mid week last week (close to the same time my job ended).   I was in conversation mentioning to a friend of a friend of a friend or something like that my conundrum and she happened to be flat mate hunting.  The timing worked out perfectly with having to move out from my other flat.  Problem one solved. 

Now I'm onto the hunt for the job.  I have a number of CVs out and I'm currently looking for office admin type work, or interaction with the public work, as well as accounting work.  Nelson is lovely and the desire for something that different that helped lead me to New Zealand also allows me to be a little flexible on the employment hunt.  You never know what may pop up  - I just hope something does.  Nelson has a habit of reeling people in, and I can see why. I don't want to leave until the summer is over...

A few weeks ago I started jogging because it's so hard to not want to be outside (especially with daylight savings!) It is so beautiful here...   I'm up to ~ 1/2 hour on the way out, and then I take breaks as I walk part of the way home.  The outward trip is great cause it takes me to the beautiful Tahuna beach where I can walk on the sand- people watch ( on the weekend), feel the breeze, watch the kites, look at sea shells (found a sand dollar yesterday!), and all that good stuff. 

Nelson is supposed to be even more lovely in the summer and I really hope I can still be here to enjoy it.

One of my housemates has a dog and it's nice to go take him for a walk in the parks, looking at the cool Nelson houses with all the great flowers and "holiday" trees that grow here.

I love this place...

Now I've revamped my cv once again and I'm off to get some groceries for supper. (My turn to cook tonight).


The best gets better. See why everyone is raving about the All-new Yahoo! Mail.

1 comment:

timmystevensnz said...

I'm so glad that you love our country! I've been to nelson once or twice, and I agree, it is beautiful there.

In an ironic twist, I'm living in Lower Hutt, NZ, and I'm headin overseas myself, over to Canada! Any advice? email me rockoddity@gmail.com.