Wednesday, June 17, 2009

A new experience

I've had my first insurance claim in New Zealand. I went to drive my car Monday morning and noted a large crack down the windshield (or windscreen as they are known here). Most likely a stone chip caused crack- caused by changing weather conditions. I called my insurance company Monday night, their repair-er contacted me yesterday- and I dropped and picked up my car today- and I have a shiny new front window. A + for the ease of the insurance claims process.

There is going to be a referendum in New Zealand about smacking. The question is a loaded one (Should a smack as part of good parental correction be a crime in NZ- or something like that). - It is citizen initiated, but non binding, in response to public disapproval over the new anti smacking law introduced last year. The news just indicated it will cost $9M. And in response to the referendum there is now going to be a private members bill wanting to limit citizen initiated referendums.

Another new thing for me this week- I've just bought my first ever Big Wednesday ticket- I had to take a chance for the $25M possibility. Hopefully I'll be lucky. :) Ha.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Good luck with your lotto ticket! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!