Monday, May 24, 2010

Fast he runs- and the budget...

On Saturday my little darling Jasper decided once again to climb over the big high fence. When I went looking I could see him trotting behind the neighbour across the roads house. I called him to return, but without avail. However several minutes later Jasper came running as fast as his little legs could carry him- with the big dog who lives across the road at his heels. In his fear, he missed fitting under the gate on the first try, but made it on the second, just as the dog was upon him. Across the road he ran, and up a tree and my next door neighbours. I hope it has scared him off jumping over the fence. The funny bit is, he knew that dog lived there as it sits and barks at him when he suns himself from on top of the fence.

I didn't talk at all about last weeks budget. Some of the big changes to come are: an increase in the GST to 15% (currently 12.5%), a drop in the bottom personal tax rate (15 to 12.5) , the top rate from 38% to 33%, a drop in corporate tax rate (30 to 28%?), etc. Other interesting changes- restrictions on when depreciation can be claimed for buildings, tightening of LAQC rules, etc.

No comments: