Friday, May 07, 2010

Hurray!

It is Friday. Yes, I am one of those people who long for the weekend! After a week of work, I'm exhausted. I delight in the idea there is only one more work day before a bit of a rest. :) I am thankful that I no longer work every weekend- I do not miss that at all about my public accounting days.

Some people say your work should energise you, but I've taken a survey of a number of accountants I know. We're not in that camp. Nor did we enter the world of accounting because it is our passion. A few of my co workers spoke to some high school students about why those chose accounting the other week back. I didn't speak to the students. I would have, if accounting was my passion rather than just a practical way to make a living.

I'm on a journey to discover my passion. I'm afraid it is a frightfully slow one... so wish me luck.

No comments: