Saturday, August 19, 2006

A beautiful sunny day in Nelson

Nelson continues to surprise me. Today was an absolutely beautiful, warm and lovely day!!

I took the bus (for $3.60) to the town of Richmond, about 1/2 hour away. I wandered around there a bit and ran into one of the ladies I work with and her family. (NZ continues to be a small place.) I then took the bus back and got off before town at Tahunai, the lovely beach of Nelson. You know, I've always thought I was a person who wasn't so into the water- but without fail when I actually get near the water here it almost gives me the shivers in a good way. I was walking on the huge sandy beach (tide was down). The sun was shining beautifully, there were lots of families out, and the sun was shining. It was another one of those moments of joy, or delight, similar to my time in Devonport walking along the water. I walked back into town and discovered I could probably do the walk to the beach in ~ an hour. It would be a great place just to hang out reading on the sand or go wading, or listen to music. I will definitely keep this in mind for upcoming weekends. I was hoping to do some local walks here in Nelson but must admit my walk back tired me out as I was carrying my heavy bag with me - I did a little bit of shopping in Richmond.

I may head up one of the local trails here for sunset, as the view overlooking Nelson at dusk is absoultely amazing- and I'm super close to the trail from my flat. The all blacks also play tonight so I may consider taking that in on tv.

I also didn't mention that there was antother beautiful rainbow on the ride to Richmond this am, even though it wasn't really raining. It lasted most of the whole ride- which was pretty cool!

Nelson is a wonderful place. Ronaele was definitely right about that.

No comments: