Saturday, November 11, 2006

Another week...

I'm going to take a picture of our "lawnmower" one of these days. I was mowing this morning. It is not automated, but has a series of blades... IT is a bit of a work out to mow the lawn.

I met up with sand flys for the first time last week! I'm not sure whether I prefer them, or mosquitos.

I once again got to find out how small Nelson was last week. I was attending a BBQ and ended up meeting the people who moved into my old flat. We have mutual friends... I also learned they killed a white tail or was it white back spider in the bathroom... This is one of NZ's poisinous spiders. I don't think we have them in the new flat, as there seem to be daddy long legs everywhere. Apparently the mean white back ones eat daddy long legs.

It's a beautiful day in Nelson today... I need to head out for my jog along the sea... :)I am on the hunt for roller blades in Nelson. So far, no luck. They would be perfect for Rocks Road out to Tahuna beach.

Congrats to Todd and Kathy on the birth of Ashley. A belated congrats to Melisa and Jeff on the birth of Elisabeth. A belated congrats to Tannis and Sameer on the birth of their first daughter as well.

I read that that Gremezeans (sp??) of Edmonton, and West Ed Mall bought the Mall of America, I think it was... Good to see.

Interesting US political results of late... It reminds me of West Wing and the lame duck presidency...

NZ politics has toned down a bit from several months ago when it was a bit personal. NZ was once again recently ranked the least corrupt country.

I read that the OIL have finally ended their losing skid. Hurray.... Any news on the Riders folks?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Riders play in the west final tomorrow (Sunday) afternoon against BC...

go riders go :)