Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Another update

I haven't mentioned too much about my current day time occupation. I'm working as a PA/admin assistant/receptionist at a radio company.  I thought I'd take the opportunity to branch out to different things other than accounting for a while. Now I am up to date on the happenings in the Nelson region, isn't that exciting?? Plus I'm certainly getting the opportunity to learn a lot about radio ads, and music...
 
I went on a wine tour on the weekend with an organized tour and a group consisting of several folks including one of my flatmates.  Not being a huge fan of wine, the first 2 stops were the best before it felt like I'd had enough of tasting wine. The winner of the day in my opinion was the Te Mania Chardonnay, (oaked).  The next to last stop was a lovely spot- we sat out in the sun. It was a beautiful day...  Our tour also was a 1/2 day one, I can't imagine sticking it out for a whole day.   When I did a tasting in Niagra on the Lake they offered various foods and indicated which went well with certain wines. I think these tours should try that as well, to make things more interesting.  NZ is well know for it's Sauv. Blancs, for those of you who should happen to be visiting.
 
The rain is back today in Nelson, but luckily we had a nice weekend. I keep meaning to go jogging in the morning before work- but rain keeps foiling my plans!
 
I'm thinking I might try and find a pair of roller blades to speed up my method of transport... Now I just have to find a decent price, and somewhere that sells them...
 
Things seem to go on sale at much higher rates here.. (25-50%). I'm sad to see if I'd waited until this week to buy my running shoes I'd have saved 25%.  The only gamble is whether they'd have had my size.
 
Stay in touch all!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com

No comments: