Sunday, December 24, 2006

The Eve of Christmas...

The day before Christmas is absolutely beautiful in Nelson this year.  AFter my little jog out to Tahuna today my flattie Katrina and I spent some time on the lawns and in the garden. I'm still considering a stroll out to the beach again- this time with Sam the puppy dog. We'll see...   Shortly I am off to shop for our Christmas dinner tomorrow.  I'm lucky to be able to spend Christmas with 2 of my lovely flatties and we've all been assigned our duties to be organized. I'm in charge of a potato casserole and desert.  We aren't having the traditional canadian roast- but Rhonda and I insisted on stuffing- luckily she is in charge of that!

I've had a few bits of touring around the region of late.  I was out with work a week or so ago and it took me out to Motueka and to Cable bay in the other direction. 
It doesn't take too much time on such a drive to remember why I love this place... Not only Nelson is lovely, but the region as well...

Merry Christmas everyone... As the NY approaches I'm reminded of an old resolution I read in the New York Times several years ago.  Every month to try something new- even if it's simple as trying a new recipe.  This little piece of advice has served me very well in 2006.   The road from Regina to NZ hasn't always been all highlights... But I am so thankful I took the chance to try something new in this wonderful country. 

Wishing you all the very best this holiday season- and in 2007 as well...

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
http://mail.yahoo.com

No comments: